- Trademarks: Supplemental Register (benefits)
Benefits of the Supplemental Register:
Although registration on the Supplemental Register does not afford all the benefits of registration on the Principal Register, it does provide the following advantages:
See 15 U.S.C. §§1052(d), 1091, 1094; TMEP §815.
- The registrant may use the registration symbol ®;
- The registration is protected against registration of a confusingly similar mark under Trademark Act Section 2(d);
- The registrant may bring suit for infringement in federal court; and
- The registration may serve as the basis for a filing in a foreign country under the Paris Convention and other international agreements.
© 1999- 2019 Smith and Hopen, P.A.
SMITH & HOPEN® and logo are federally registered trademarks.